Final Results, April 15
Game rule updates
- Due to winter/spring breaks of many local schools, the deadline to register
has been extended to Wed. March 15, 2000. (Updated on 3-4-00)
- Grades for Junior Division: 5th thru 12th. Please read the following
common sense rules.
- Teachers, mentors, coordinators, parents are not supposed to give direct
help in solving the problems. If this is violated, the team may play but
will be out of consideration for winning the prizes.
- Judges will ask technical questions to each team member during the competition.
- All the team members should bring their social security numbers as well as
their mailling addresses on the day of
competion, which is necessary to order US savingings bond, if the team wins.
The social security number is required when
a team fills out a check-in sheet. The US savings bonds will be mailed to
- No flashlights allowed in the gym.
constructing and programming the robots
- Robo Tag
- If a robot falls down, it will lose the game.
- In the beginning of the game, the tagee can be placed anywhere
in the opposite side of the tagger.
constructing the playing fields
- You may use Pitsco Lego Dacta RoboLab kits.
(updated on 3-4-00)
- Only one RCX CPU unit must be used for the games.
- Recommended fan to be used for fire-fighter race: Tractor 3 blade, Magnum series,
size 6-3 or 6-4, by Grish Products Inc., or the can be purchased at Joe's Hobby Stores.
You need to drill the hole.
More video clips and images
- Robo Race: the height of dead-end wall and home wall is at least 2 3/4" and they
are supported by bookends, which means the walls do not move.
Last modified on 2-25-00