RoboFest 2002 Competition Rule Updates and Clarifications
- The start signal lamp will be turned on at the same time for four tracks.
Team members can turn off the lamp light any time they want, after the game started.
(It will not be turned off by the organizer.)
- When the Carrier returns back home, the team is supposed to take it to the floor, in
order to prepare the space for firefighter to return home.
- Advanced Competition Division Only: The points for blowing out the candle light is 20.
- Each team will have two rounds to play games, not
three rounds. Top 8 teams will be decided based on the performance, the
average of the two scores.
- Advanced Competition Division Only: The fan must be
activated by the program on the last piece of the shelf (second floor) and
turned off when the robot leaves the shelf.
- Please attach a card board (9"x12") to the crate with the light bulb, as
shown in the following photos. This
may be needed if the firefighter robot is are using light sensors to detect edge of the shelf. (4-9-02)
- The location of the concrete block: the center of the block is located
at the center of the black line.
- Advanced Competition Division Only: You may use any
method (for example a duct), any material to build the fan system.
- An example of the initial position of the firefighting robot is shown in
(fig 1) in the official rule by a black tape outline. Any parts of the
robot must not pass the outline. (4-16-02)