G l o b a l R o b o t i c s A r t F e s t i v a l
The logo is drawn by a robot created by a Robofest team The Supernovas. Watch the robot painter in action on this video.
Express Yourself with Robots! Robofest offers a unique STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) learning opportunity using intelligent & interactive robotics with visual and performing arts categories. Robots must have computational components programmed by participants and must employ sensors.
GRAF is open to student teams from 4th through 12th grade. Judges decide winners for each division:
Jr. Arts Division: 4th ~ 8th grades
Sr. Arts Division: 9th ~ 12th grades
The fourth annual GRAF will be held during the World Championship Event in St. Pete Beach, FL on Saturday, June 3, 2017
Find out more information about the previous GRAF competition's here: Prior Years
Each team member, as well as the coach and other adult volunteers, must bring the signed Robofest Consent and Release Form on the day of the event.
The "Arts" category can target performing arts, visual arts or both. Below are examples of both:
Robotic Performing Arts (Some ideas and example videos)
- Robot Dance: Stayin Alive
- Robot Group Dance: Synchronized AIBO Dance
- Robot Fashion Show
- Robot Music Band: the NXT blues
- Robot and Human Playing Music Together: When the Saints Go Marching In
- Robotic musical instruments played by humans: Robot Music Camp 2013
- Robot Skit: The Tortoise and the Hare
Robotic Visual Arts (Just some ideas. Note that some examples here do not use sensors, which are required for GRAF)
- Kinetic Sculptures: Moving desk lamps | Spatial Robot Kinetic Sculpture | Interactive Kinetic Arts | Reuben Margolin: On Kinetic Art | Gear Kinetic Art | Kinetic Art Sculpture, Mechanical Odyssey | Kinetic Art Sculpture, Muse Descending A Staircase | Kinetic Art Sculpture, Under the Influence - GK | Sand | Mechanical Art & Design Museum
- Kinetic Canvas: Dynamic Structure 29117 | Dynamic Structure 1586
- Robotic Painting: Franc | WaterColorBot