Michigan Championship 2017 (Last updated on May 14)
Saturday, May 13 at Lawrence Technological University - Winners from Michigan Qualifying competitions advance to this Championship.
New!! List of Winners
New!! Detailed score links can be found under "Files" section
- 9:00am - 4:20pm (Doors open at 8am for team check-in)
- Tentative Schedule
- Official List of Teams
- Admission is free. Parking is free
- People's Choice Award (PCA) Judges may win raffle prizes. PCA Judge registration will end at 1:45pm. PCA form must be submitted by 2:45pm.
Location & Venue
Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West 10 Mile, Southfield, MI 48075 [ Directions to LTU ]
Don Ridler Field House (No. 13 building on the LTU Campus Map) Use parking lot "F" or "C". Parking is free.
Notes to Team Coaches and Teams:
- Only Exhibition teams need poster boards to introduce the robotics project. Game teams do not need a poster board.
- There is no check-in fee for the Michigan Championship Robofest event. If your team has not paid the team registration fee ($50) for your Qualifying Competition, it must be paid at check-in at the Michigan Championship. Credit cards are not accepted. Cash or check payable to LTU only.
- If you have already submitted a release and consent form to any qualifying site this year, you do *not* need to resubmit it.
Notes to Game Teams:
- Please read the Rules and Rules Updates and Clarification. Please note that there will be unknown task(s) that require program changes and/or additions. Mat types to be used is (c).
- Official fields will be open for practice.
- Make sure the robot meets size requirements.
- Proctors will watch for any violations such as illegal communication. Team ID will be displayed on the screen for the first violation. 2nd violation will result in the disqualification from the event. Proctor Violation Report
- Robots will be impounded during the lunch break.
Notes to Exhibition Teams
- Each team will be given maximum 4 minutes for official presentation using a wireless microphone. The 4 minute presentation should include team and member introduction, robot introduction, and demonstration. Teams must be at the table during the time slots specifed in the schedule.
- As noted in the Robofest top level rules, there will be silent/secret judges who will not identify themselves as judges. Exhibition teams must demonstrate and explain their projects to all the visitors during the official times
- Short Bios of Exhibition Judges
Notes to Teams that need hotel accommodations in Southfield, Michigan:
We recommend these hotels that are adjacent to our campus: Comfort Suites, Southfield, MI or Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Southfield, (248) 350-2400 (877) 863-4780 (248) 350-8771 (Fax)
You may bring your own lunch. New this year, we will have a Food Truck on site for breakfast and lunch concessions!! Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets, (weather pending). The Grillwich Tot Stop has a variety of sandwiches, side dishes and drinks. They will be accepting pre-orders on their website as well as on site prior to lunch, The menu and contact information is can be found www.grillwichtots
Call The News Media!!!
We need to recognize students' achievement in science and engineering fields. Each team's achievement is remarkable and needs to be celebrated! If you have any media contacts please call them to publicize your team's achievements. Please call TV stations, newspapers, and other news media and invite them to come to Michigan Robofest Championship.
Michigan Championship 2016 - Last Year's Information
Official list of teams in PDF