21st Robofest World Championship - May 14 ~ 16, 2020
Tentative Daily Schedule (PDF)
20th Robofest World Championship, May 16 ~ 18, 2019
List of Winning Teams With Participant Names:
Main Categories (Incl. Vcc and RoboArts) | Open Categories
List of Winning Teams:
Main Categories (Incl. Vcc and RoboArts) | Open Categories
- Saturday Competitions Results/Scores: Jr Game | Sr Game | Jr Exhibition | Sr Exhibition | RoboArts | Vcc
- Thursday Friday Competitions ResultsScores: Jr BottleSumo Grp 1 | Jr BottleSumo Grp 2 | Sr Classic BottleSumo | Sr Unlimited BottleSumo | RoboParade | Game Suprise Challenge | UMC
- Video Qualifiers
Officially Advanced/Registered Teams by Division:
Game | Exhibition | Vcc | RoboArts | BottleSumo May16 | BottleSumo May17 | UMC | RoboParade
Program with official list of teams for each category in PDF (28 pages)
Daily Schedule (PDF, 1 page)
- 10:00 am: Site Host and Coach meeting (A200) for general questions or instructions
- 3:00 pm: Friendship Talent Show. To register, visit this page.
- 5:30 pm: Jr BottleSumo Group 1*
- 8:30 am: RoboParade
- 12:30 pm: UMC
- 12:30 pm: Game Surprise Challenge (see ** in "Notes to Game Teams" below)
- 5:00 pm: Pizza Dinner for all in attendance. No Cost. No Reservation required.
- 5:30 pm: Jr BottleSumo Group 2* and Sr BottleSumo
- 9:00 am: Opening Ceremonies
- 9:30 am: Game, Exhibition, Vcc, and RoboArts
- 12:25 pm - 12:55 pm: Award Ceremony for RoboParade, UMC, Anniversary Coaches, Team Photo Awards, and Video Qualifier Winners
- 3:30 pm: *Final Jr BottleSumo rounds from Group 1 and Group 2
- 3:40 pm: Closing and Award Ceremony for all Saturday events
Lawrence Technological University, 21000 West 10 Mile, Southfield, MI 48075 directions to LTU
The Open Category events on Friday are scheduled at various locations around campus. Maps and schedules will be available at the Robofest Headquarters/information desk located in Room J233 in the Taubman Complex (Building 8 on the LTU Campus Map). Use Parking Lot "E". Parking is free.
All Saturday Main events AND the Information Desk will be located at Don Ridler Field House (No. 15 building on the LTU Campus Map Use parking lot "F" or "C". Parking is free.
All events are open to the public and admission is free.
Team Check-In Information:
- For each individual event, Coaches or Assistant Coaches ONLY will need to check in each team at the division venue (see schedule). Check-in will open 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time for each division. We will not be able to check in teams early for events. If you have a team participating in multiple events, please check in for each event separately to receive your team ID badges.
- Each team member (Coaches, assistant coaches, players) must have a Consent and Release on file. If you did not complete one on line or at a qualifier, please comlplete one.
- Robofest Headquarters Thursday and Friday - Taubman Complex room J233 - General Information only - No team check in
- Robofest Headquarters Saturday - Rider Fieldhouse
- We will have Food Trucks on site for breakfast and lunch concessions on Saturday!! Bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets, (weather pending).
- The Grillwich Tot Stop has a variety of sandwiches, side dishes and drinks.
- The Nosh-pit was recently recognized as one of the best vegan food trucks in the nation by Mobile Cuisine and has won many local awards
Each team must pay $50 registration fee FOR EACH DIVISION collected by LTU. (Example: a coach has a team participating in Game as well as BottleSumo. In this case, the coach needs to pay $100 to LTU)
- BinaryBlocks Game and Exhibition teams who already paid $50 registration fees for a qualifier in the 2019 season - NO ADDITIONAL FEES COLLECTED
- Open Category BottleSumo, UMC, Vcc, RoboParade, and RoboArts teams: $50 registration fee
The closest airport is Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). We are approximately 20 miles from the airport. You may want to rent a car for ease in getting to and from the airport and to and from campus.
City of Southfield Website
Recommended hotels near LTU (teams are responsible to reserve hotel rooms directly)
- Best Western Premier Hotel is 2.5 miles from LTU. Free Shuttle Service and special rates for LTU visitors
- The Bijou, LLC (A family place to stay; Short term house rental)
- The Westin Hotel Southfield is 1 mile from LTU. 109 USD - 129 USD per night; Book your group rate for Robofest
Fundraising ideas to travel: please check out SPB robotics using gofundme.com as an example.
Advancement Process to World Robofest
- Michigan Game teams – ALL TROPHY WINNERS from Michigan Qualifiers and MI Invitationals will qualify to advace to World Robofest Game on May 18
- Michigan Exhibition Teams, and Non-Michigan US Game and Exhibition teams – Please review section 14 & 15 in the General Rules to advance to the World Championship via Virtual Regional
- International teams – Winners from each country will be directly invited to World Robofest
- USA and International Video Qualifier teams – Winners from USA and International Video Qualifier will be directly invited to attend World Robofest after screening
Registration rules for Open Categories: please review section 1 & 15 in the General Rules.
Notes to Game Teams:
- **Game Surprise Challenge is open to any World Championship Game team on campus Friday, May 17. A simple variation of the BinaryBlocks Rules will be announced at 12:30 pm in the Gym. No Pre-registration is required, No additional Registration Fee, Limited to 30 teams. The challenge is speperate and optional and does not alter the official BB Game Rules for the World Championship rounds on Saturday.
- Please read the Rules and FAQ. Please note that there may be totally unknown task(s) that require program changes and/or additions during the Game Rounds.
Only team members, Judges, Proctors and Official Volunteers will be allowed in the pit during the entire day.
Team will be disqualified immediately, if team handles or interferes with another team’s robot, laptop, competition or personal materials (either in pit or impound area). See Proctor Violation Report form.
- Official fields will be open for practice. Make sure the robot meets size requirements.
Charging is not allowed after impounding. Note that robots are impounded after Round 1 during lunch break.
Notes to Exhibition & RoboArts Teams:
Each team will be given maximum 4 minutes for official presentation using a microphone. The 4 minute presentation should include team and member introduction, robot introduction, and demonstration. Teams must be at the table during the time slots specifed in the schedule.
As noted in the Robofest top level rules, there will be secret judges who will not identify themselves as judges. Exhibition teams must demonstrate and explain their projects to all the visitors during the official times.
Registered spectators will decide People's Choice Awards.
- We are hosting a Friendship Talent Show at 3:00 pm on Thusday, May 16. Please join us and share your talent. Visit the Friendship Talend Show page for more information or to register to perform. Spectators do not need to register - just come and join the fun!
- SIGN THE WALL!! We plan to memproalize the 20th Robofest by having all participants sign the Robofet banners. Be sure to add your name.
- We will be sharing a new "Contestant's Pledge" at the Opening Ceremony.
Call the News Media!
We need to recognize students' achievement in science and engineering fields. Each team's achievement is remarkable and needs to be celebrated! If you have any media contacts please call them to publicize your team's achievements. Please call TV stations, newspapers, and other news media and invite them to come to the World Robofest Championship.
World Championship 2018
- Main Categories List of Winners (Game, Exhibition, RoboArts and Vcc)
- Open Categories List of Winners (BottleSumo, UMC, RoboParade and Robot Draw)
- Saturday Competitions Results/Scores: Jr. Game Sr. Game Jr. Exhibition Sr. Exhibition RoboArts Vcc Jr BottleSumo
- Friday Competitions Results/Scores: RoboParade Game Suprise Challenge UMC Sr Classic BottleSumo Sr Unlimited BottleSumo
Bios of Exhibition and RoboArts Judges
Official PROGRAM in PDF with official list of teams
SCHEDULE of events
World Championship 2017
- Main Categories List of Winners (Game, Exhibition, and Vcc)
- Open Categories List of Winners (BottleSumo, GRAF, UMC, RoboParade)
- Saturday Competitions Results/Scores: Jr. Game Sr. Game RoboHit Math Jr. Exhibition Sr. Exhibition Sr. Exhibition Judges' Comments Jr. GRAF Sr. GRAF Vcc
- Friday Competitions Results/Scores: RoboParade Longest Hit UMC BottleSumo (Jr & Sr)
Official Program in PDF with list of teams
Bios of Exhibition, GRAF, RoboParade, Robot Drawing Judges
Schedule of events
World Championship 2016
- Game, Exhibition, Vcc, and Team Photo & Video Winners
- UMC and BottleSumo Winners
- Summary Score Sheets for all categories (Under "Files" section)
Friday-Saturday Summary Schedule in PDF (includes map, practice field & competition locations, and dinner information)
- Fri May 13 UMC Program & Schedule in PDF
- Fri May 13 BottleSumo Program & Schedule in PDF
- Sat May 14 Game, Exhibition, and Vcc Schedule in PDF
Sat May 14 Official List of Game, Exhibition, and Vcc teams in PDF (as of May 11)
Bios of Exhibition Judges (as of May 6)
World Championship 2015
- List of Game, Exhibition, and Vcc Trophy Winners (PDF)
- List of UMC and BottleSumo Trophy Winners (PDF)
- Friday-Saturday Schedule (includes map, practice field & competition locations, and dinner information)
- Detailed schedule of May 16th in PDF
- List of advanced Game/Exhibition teams
- Short Bios of Exhibition Judges
View the Official 2015 World Robofest Poster!
World Championship 2014
- List of World Championship Winners
- Detailed scores can be found on the site webpages.
- Photos have been posted to the Robofest Facebook page!
- Friday-Saturday Schedule (includes map, practice field location, dinner information, and WISER)
- Saturday World Championship Schedule
- Draft Programs: BottleSumo | BottleZone | Unknown Mission Challenge