Robofest Newsletter, 5-16
(1) Robofest 2005 Official Report
(2) Results of World Robofest 2005 Championship
(3) Special Summer Robotics Class for K-12 Teachers at LTU
(4) Summer Camp: Laptop Robotics Class for High School Students
(5) Summer Odyssey
(6) Other Summer Camps!!!!!
(1) Robofest 2005 Official Report
Official Robofest 2005 Report summarizing statistics, achievements, problems, and plans is available at http://www.robofest.net/2005/05rpt2.pdf
We deeply thank everyone who participated in Robofest 2005.
(2) Results of Robofest 2005 World Championship and Regional Competitions
Winners, photo albums, team lists of the World Championship are available at
Details about Robofest 2005 regional competition results be found at http://www.robofest.net/2005/results.htm
All teams should have received their student medals sponsored by IEEE. If you have not received your team medals, please contact Lori Birman at [email protected]
(3) Special Robotics Class for Teachers and Educators at LTU this summer
Dr. Miller is teaching a one credit LTU course (MCS 4981) for teachers and parents to introduce various topics in robotics education. Please check out general course description at
The credit may be used for future certificate or maters degree programs in robotics education at LTU. Sorry for the short notice but the last day to register the class without late fee is May 17.
(4) Laptop Robotics Class for High School Students
Dr. Chung is teaching the 2nd Laptop Robot Course for High School Students who are interested in majoring Computer Science from June 27 till July 1 as a part of LTUís famous Summer Science Institute. For more details, please check out:
(5) LTU Summer Camp: Summer Odyssey
LTU Continuing Education hosts Summer Odyssey that includes variety of topics such as CAD, Video Game Design, Web Design and Lego Robotics. For more details, please visit
Parents are invited to attend our Summer Odyssey Open House Wednesday June 15, 2005 from 6pm-8pm. Call today to register your family 248-204-4050 or register online at http://www.ltu.edu/forms/?formid=1048
(6) Other Robot Summer Camps!!!!!
Macomb Intermediate School District (MISD) hosts different levels of Lego robotics summer camps. for Online Registration Please go to http://www.solutionwhere.com/misdtraining/cw/CourseByCateg.asp
- Select Science from the scroll-down menu and click GO
- Locate the desired session.
- Complete all the fields in the registration form and click on the SUBMIT button
- By entering your email address you will receive an email confirmation
If assistance is needed in registering, call Sylvia Diaz at 586-228-3498. Please direct all program related questions to Mike Klein at [email protected] or 586-228-3466, or Paul Drummond at [email protected] or 586-228-3467.
RoboTech center in Nashua New Hampshire is offering youngsters several interesting summer camps to explore new areas of technology and digital art such as Sony AIBOs, Game Design, and Swarm Robots. For more info, please visit their website at http://www.robotechcenter.com/
If you wish to be removed from this email list, please reply with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line. Or visit http://ltu164.ltu.edu/rf02mcs/MLSubscribe.jsp and enter your email address and select unsubscribe.
Lawrence Tech University†† Computer Science / Robofest World Headquarters
CJ Chung, Associate Professor, Robofest director
Lori Birman, Robofest Coordinator
21000 W. Ten Mile, Southfield† MI 48075
[email protected]††††† www.robofest.net
(248)204-3504† Fax: (248)204-3518† Robotics Lab (248)204-3815